Barking and Dagenham Children and Young People’s Network
WHAT IS B&D CYPN?
A Borough-based network for community and voluntary organisations that provide services or support to children and young people in Barking and Dagenham – from 0 to 25 years of age.
WHAT DOES B&D CYPN AIM TO ACHIEVE?
We aim to help support:
• Transparency and equality in the collaborative and partnership work that benefits everyone in this space, right across the Borough
• Represent the voices of LBBD young people & youth organizations large and small
• Maximise opportunities for organisations, young people and their families in Barking & Dagenham
WHY GET YOUR ORGANISATION INVOLVED:
As a network member you will receive regular information updates on consultations, funding opportunities, events and training.
The Network will:
- Support information sharing
- Enable the development of new referral pathways and signposting between members
- Increase effective collaborative working and cohesion
- Work across and with the different sectors to avoid duplication and reduce conflict
WHO CAN JOIN THE NETWORK?
Membership is open to any community and voluntary organisation providing services or support to children and young people from 0 – 25 years in Barking and Dagenham. Organisations that are not based in the Borough, but they are providing services to children and young people who do live within Barking and Dagenham, are also welcome.
DO I HAVE TO ATTEND ALL THE MEETINGS?
We know how busy organisations are, so you don’t have to attend every meeting. If you cannot attend, then you could provide feedback in advance if you wish. Also, we would make sure all members receive key information and action notes from the meetings, including any speaker presentations.
WHERE WILL THE MEETINGS BE HELD?
Face to Face meetings, when permitted, will be held at different locations across the Borough, and also online via Zoom/Teams.
HOW OFTEN WILL MEETINGS BE HELD?
We want the network to be relevant, not time waste, effective and strong. We also understand that groups and organisations, large and small, are busy so meetings will be scheduled, structured and relevant in response to need.
We will involve as many young people & agencies as possible, listening and responding to the needs of our Borough.
We really look forward to meeting and working with as many groups and organisations in the CYP space in B&D. During these times of change we hope you will find us to be friendly, open, and approachable.
To join, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many voices of young people and organisations go unheard in the Borough
and we hope to work together to improve this, as we believe
that all voices should be heard and acted upon.