The next census for England and Wales will be on Sunday 21st March 2021. The census is unique – there is nothing else that gives so much detail about us and the society we live in plus it informs where the national government spends billions of pounds on healthcare services, schools, leisure facilities, infrastructure, etc as well as helping local authorities plan and fund public services.
ONS are ramping up their activities this month, including:
- online help centre and digital support services going live.
- launch of a huge national marketing campaign including TV, radio, newspaper, etc.
- postcards arriving at every household in the country telling them the census is coming.
In early to mid-March every household in the country will receive a pack telling them to join in now – and how to complete their census.
Some residents will need support with completing the questionnaire and will come to organisations they know and trust for help, we are running our second census community meeting so you can hear a recap from ONS about how they are planning to run Census 2021, where support will be available and how we can all work together to give everyone the opportunity to take part.
This will be a virtual meeting using Teams on Wednesday 3rd March 1pm – 2:30pm
- Introduction – Cllr Saima Ashraf (Deputy Leader of the Council)
- Census 2021 – Hilton Idahosa (ONS Census Engagement Manager)
- Census Support Service - Rahat Ismail & Angelica Gedviliene (LBBD Community Solutions) and Alison Cormack (BD Collective)
- Questions & Answers
The following resources will give you more of an insight into the census and what residents may need help with, so you can prepare any questions you may have for the meeting:
Please email email@example.com to let us know if you would like to attend so we can send you a calendar invite with the link to join the meeting.